To cater to the changing needs of our clients, we offer a quality range of Laser Cladding System
. The provided system is a fusion of the different material to a substrate surface with the minimum of melting of the substrate. It not only increases the wear resistance and corrosion resistance of metallic components but also impacts their performance. We ensure the stringent quality check of our products to deliver faultless product to our clients.Features:
Fundamentals Of Laser Cladding:
- Highly Reliable
- Abrasion resistance
- Wear and tear resistant
Benefits Of Laser Clad Coatings:
- Typical single layer thickness: 0.2 - 2.0mm (multiple layers possible)
- Heat input to part: low to moderate
- Dilution with substrate material: variable with parameters but can be <5% gives a very pure coating with the desired coating properties.
- Adhesion: full metallurgical bond
- Density: fully dense (<0.1% porosity)
- Coating materials: WC/Ni alloys, Ni alloys, WC/Co alloys, Stellite 6, Inconel625, FeCrB,
- One of the major benefits associated with laser cladding is the ability to finely control the heat input to the substrate and the coating material. This allows the ability to deposit a two phase Metal Matrix Composite structure. In simple terms, the coating can have a softer, lower melting point material (the matrix) in which a harder wearing, higher melting point material (the hard phase) is suspended.
- The matrix material is typically a nickel based alloy.
- The fine control of the heat input allows the matrix to be completely melted, alloyed and bonded to the substrate surface, whilst at the same time, the carbide particles remain un-melted and are distributed evenly throughout the matrix. This is demonstrated in the adjacent coating section. This results in an extremely wear and impact resistant coating.
Typical Applications (Coating Materials):
- Down hole stabilisers (WC/Ni)
- High temp process rolls, hardness & corrosion resistance, valve lips and seats (Cobalt 6)
- Valve balls/seats, process rolls, waste incineration boiler parts, oil refinery process plant (NiCrMo)
- Coal and ore crushing hammers / wear plates / sand valves (WC/Ni)
- Valve balls/seats, process rolls, boiler components, waste incineration boiler parts, hydraulic rods, down hole stabilisers (FeCrB)
|Heat source||Laser beam|
|Coating thickness (typical)||0.2 – 2mm|
|Typical Deposition rates||≤ 5kg/hr|
|Type of bonding||Metallurgical|
|Bond strength||≤ 800 MPa|
|Heat input||Low - medium|
|Comparative capital cost||High|
|Comparative running cost||Low|